If you are reading this, you are trying to be healthier and stating your day off on the right foot is so important to how the rest of your day plays out. One of the best things I ever started making, were these Quick and Easy Egg Muffins. These egg muffins not only quick and easy, but they are so versatile and can easily be customized to make everyone’s taste buds happy. Thanks to the versatility of them, you won’t get tired of eating them, because you can change the flavor profiles each time you make them.
- Mixed vegetables (I use onions, bell peppers and spinach) – 3 green containers on 21 Day Fix
- 6 Eggs – 3 red containers on 21 Day Fix
- Prep a cupcake pan (12 spots) with cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Dice your choice of vegetables to fill 3 green containers (3 cups) - If using frozen veggies, measure, then cook them quickly to remove the excess liquid frozen veggies contain. You don't want watery egg muffins. You can slightly cook down fresh veggies if you like them less crisp, too.
- Beat eggs in a bowl, season with black pepper and then mix in your vegetables.
- Pour the egg and vegetable mixture into your prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, or until eggs are cooked through.
- Store in the fridge and heat up in the microwave for about 30 - 60 seconds (depending on your microwave) when ready to eat.
- On the 21 Day Fix program, each serving of 4 egg muffins equals 1 Red container and 1 Green container.
I typically make these egg muffins on a Sunday, divide them into servings (4 muffins per container) and pop them into the fridge, so we always have breakfast (or lunch) on hand in a pinch.
The other great thing about these, are that they are inexpensive, which is PERFECT for those who want to eat clean, but are on a budget or for those who have a lot of mouths to feed every morning. Even if you get organic, free range, brown eggs at $4 a carton, each serving of eggs is only around .66 cents! The other money saver is since they are packed with veggies, I never have produce going to waste. I just chop up whatever is on hand, add some seasoning and turn it into a quick and easy egg muffin! You can’t wait in line at your local drive-thru and get a nutritious breakfast that cheap!
Do you already use egg muffins in your meal plan? What are you favorite flavor combinations?