If you follow me on Instagram, you KNOW I love me some pancakes. I eat them almost everyday and I like to experiment with them.
Since today is National Pancake Day, I thought I would share a few of my favorites with you. All of these are based off of my Healthy Pancake recipe, but I’ve included a variation to that below for those of you can’t have or don’t like bananas. Enjoy!
Get creative with this recipe! Here are some things I’ve added to mine:
- Mini Chocolate Chips (Enjoy Life if you have dairy issues like me)
- Cinnamon Swirl (I mix cinnamon with some Stevia and vanilla extract, then swirl in once they’re in the pan)
- Chopped almond or pecans
Allergic to bananas or just not a fan of them? Try this recipe…
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp baking powder
- Cinnamon, to taste
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Using a ninja or blender, blend all of the ingredients together.
- Preheat a griddle or pan over medium-high heat. Spray with some coconut oil.
- Pour batter into pan to form pancakes (about 1/4 cup per cake)
- Cook until small bubbles appear, then carefully flip and cook for a few more minutes until done.
- Top with pure maple syrup and 1/2 cup fruit of choice.
Need to up your veggie game?
Add spinach to your batter! It doesn’t alter the flavor of your pancakes, naturally turns them green and adds a punch of nutrients to your breakfast. You already add spinach to your smoothies, so why not add them to your pancakes?!
These would also be perfect with St. Patrick’s Day coming up! (Need a recipe for an awesome corned beef? Check out this post)
We all know peanut-butter and banana are BFF’s, right?! I’m not sure why I didn’t think to follow Elvis’ lead sooner and turn this combo into a pancake, but I did this morning and it was AH-MAZING!
As you can see, pancakes can be versatile. I especially love them because I can fill so many of my container needs while one the 21 Day Fix with them. (You didn’t think I just woke up and decided to add spinach to pancakes, did you?! There are a lot of green containers to fill…you have to get creative!)
Do you have a favorite pancake flavor combo that I didn’t mention here? If so, please share it in the comments below so I can give it a try!