The temps are slowly rising, the yard is getting cleaned up and we picked up a new propane tank, so that means grill season is coming!
My love for Pinterest is still strong so I’ve been collecting recipes to try and I’m happy to report that this one was a winner! I looked at quit a few of the avocado turkey burger recipes on there and decided to create my own by taking a little from each and the results were moist and delish!
I mixed everything except the avocado together first to ensure that the garlic and onion was distributed evenly, without working the avocado too much.
Be sure the spray your grill with some nonstick spray or wipe down the grill grates with some oil so there is no risk of sticking.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large ripe avocado - cut into chunks
- 6 slices nitrate-free bacon, chopped
- 1 chopped clove of garlic
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1 minced Jalapeño pepper (optional but recommended, remove seeds & membrane for milder flavor)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl (except for the avocado) and toss gently. Once incorporated, add in the avocado and toss gently to incorporate.
- Shape into 4 patties and grill. (You can use an indoor grill if you prefer)
- Use slightly firmer avocados so they don't get too mushy when mixing.
We served these up with some sweet potato fries and I served mine over some baby spinach and topped it sriracha ketchup.
For those of you who follow the 21 Day Fix, these could be counted as 1 Red and 1 Blue container. (Counts are for 1 burger only without a bun)